Thursday 10 October 2013

Music video research - Blur

Blur's music video for 'Parklife' is a perfect example of research for what I am intending to create. Not only is it a comic video, but it is random, it uses effects, and essentially it is a bunch of boys having fun doing stupid things, which is exactly what I am planning to create. Additionally, Blur were formed in 1988 which is extremely close to the time The Proclaimers started up (1986). You could go as far as calling them a similar artist to The Proclaimers.

Here is the music video for Parklife:






Here is a collection of screenshots from their music video. You can see that they have incorporated a variety of random acts into their video and are pretty much just having fun. This is the feel I want to go for in my video, so looking into this song has been really beneficial for me, as I have finally found a video with similar attributes to what I am aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment