Monday 21 October 2013

Digipak Research

A Digipak is the gatefold packing used for CD singles or albums. They benefit the artist because it represents their genre, and gives a sense of their image as an artist. Furthermore, it showcases the creativity the artist is incorporating to their music and star image. As making a digipak and an album magazine advert are part of my work, I have done some research .


Most digipak's have a theme that runs through each panel. These are some I have found from existing artists that I really liked. One feature of digipak's is to have a similar picture on each panel that look the same but are different.

These two digipak's are my favourite because they have taken such a simplistic idea and made it look effective. The Florence and the Machine cover is striking as it has the lungs as the common theme to match the title of the album. The Script's album cover is again very simple with the hands in different positions, adding a feel of continuity across the didipak. This is something I want to consider when designing my digipak as I think it looks professional.



No comments:

Post a Comment