Friday 29 November 2013

My digipak

My digipak has taken blood sweat and tears, but I am very satisfied with the end result. It has a mixture of panels, including a message from the artist himself, a photograph of the artist, and other appropriate, or in some cases inappropriate images, such as the cow, which simply fir with the 'Gag' theme. Additionally, I opted to incorporate a pull out into my digipak. This was for one of two reasons. Firstly, when looking into other digipaks, I found they commonly featured pull outs or pockets with parts to take out and read. Secondly, I had a string of images from set that I thought were hilarious and thought that it would be too good an opportunity to miss if I did not include them, so I did. Moreover, I chose green for the colour scheme because this is the colour of the guitar in the video, and the colour of the kayak that featured in some earlier scenes. Finally, after many attempts at playing around with colour, I changed my mind and decided to make my work black and white as I personally felt it looked more effective, especially witch such a bright green being incorporated.

This is what my digipak will look like. The top right hand image is the first image in the pull out, so the others (seen below the digipak) will be folded behind it so that the rest of the digipak can be seen, and it will thus form a pull out. Lastly, I chose to keep the pull out in colour because in some respects it is not officially a part of the digipak and also it adds to the comic quality of the images.






Here is a version where the green is showing as for some reason it did not appear in the screenshot above. The empty panel will be on the right hand side at the top and that is where the pull out will go.



No comments:

Post a Comment