Monday 18 November 2013

An introduction to Photoshop

Being a media student has enabled me to learn how to use a number of programmes, that previously, I was unfamiliar with. The newest one is Photoshop. Although I have always been surrounded by work that has been edited on Photoshop, I have never worked on it myself. Today, when looking at digipak's and how to create them, we practised on a photo of Jessie J. I was a bit slow at first but these things come with practise and I look forward to the potential that Photoshop with offer when it comes to piecing together drafts of my digipak. Here are some screenshots of the work I did.


 This was me amending the settings for my new project, as the digipak template has to be 12 by 12.


This is the photo of Jessie J that I used. I had to make sure I was holding down the shift key when adjusting the size to make sure that I did not jeopardise the quality of the image.


Here, I had to use a lasso tool to go around the outline of Jessie J, before creating a mask over her.


Finally, this is a basic attempt of playing around with the photo, where the gradient tool was used to change the colours. Moreover, the opacity was decreased so that Jessie J could be seen through the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment