Monday 4 November 2013

Digipak research - specific to journeys


This is the front cover of the original album that the song 500 miles belongs to. Although not specifically linked to a  journey (as there are of course other songs on the track list) the image does give a sense of spatial awareness as they are stood above the town looking over it.  This could indadvertedly be related to a journey which is the theme I am going to use throughout my digipak.
This is Beiruit's album cover. I like this as it once again, depicts travel, seen through the car and the road. Moreover, I like the style as it appears almost vintage and old fashioned, yet simple.


Again, Bruno Mars' album cover presents the idea of a journey as it is simply a long winding road.



Finally, Eminem's album cover for Recovery, continues the theme of the road and a journey.

These have all given me ideas as to what I can create for my own digipak and I am certain that the idea of a road/journey will be my dominant theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment