Wednesday 29 January 2014

Evaluation question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?


1. Class and teacher feedback on your initial idea:

Positive initial feedback



Negative initial feedback:



I was really happy with my positive feedback, as the general gist of it was that I had a new and unique idea for my music video. The negative feedback didn't concern me, it motivated me. I had the idea in my head and I was going to do it, no matter how many hours it took. I did face problems along the way, but that was inevitable. It was time consuming when it came to editing, and it was difficult and frustrating at times during the masking process, but I set out to learn a new skill and do something different and I did. Changes made as a result of this feedback was the amount of shots that would be masked. Initially, there was a large amount of shots that I intended to mask, but in order to stay within the given time frame, my partner and I shortened the list so that only particular shots were masked. In the long run, this benefitted us as the masking took a lot longer then expected.

2. Rough cut, class and teacher feedback(See prezi)

3. Class feedback on your digipak roughs:




This is an early draft of my digipak. The feedback I received suggested I need a stronger image for the front cover, as the paper does not look realistic, and that I should also look into other ideas for names. Moreover, the image behind the cd panel was not popular and I also needed ideas for my final panel. Lastly, I voiced that I was unsure about it in colour so it was put forward that I should experiment with it in black and white.



I took on board all my feedback and this was the outcome. I reshot photos for the front cover, as my teacher Mr Malloy said it would look more authentic with cardboard. Also, after discussing the name 'On The Road' with him, I decided to change it to something that suited the theme of the album better. This is where StoneHaven originated from. As it turned out, I much preferred it black and white, and I also found an image to put behind the cd panel - I continued my cow motif! Finally, I removed the image of Tom by the tree as this was not popular with my peers, and instead, made a pull out with images of the cow chase at the end of my video. I then decided that I wanted to enhance the green to continue my colour scheme.


Here, I enhanced the green like I wanted too, and this is a version of my final draft. The cow was a hit as people found it funny, but also it fitted the shape of the panel perfectly.


I put this image of my magazine advert and digipak on my Twitter to get feedback, and this is the results:



My magazine advert was fairly easy to create once I had finished my digipak. I continued the colour scheme and used the front cover of my digipak as the image on the advert. Initially I had no negative feedback on it so I didn't change anything. However, on later inspection, it was noted that the green writing was not legible, so I began to experiment with alternatives. These are the drafts I put forward for feedback. The first one is the original, the second and third were improvements.


This is the feedback I got on my magazine advert experiments:



4. Part two (ancillary tasks - part one is in the prezi) - Final version of everything with class feedback and feedback from anyone else 

Final digipak:



Final magazine advert:


The overall feedback for my final drafts of my ancillary tasks was that they looked professional, they met the conventions of a digipak and a magazine advert, they linked with the theme of the video and finally, after changes, they were now legible. The idea of the pull out on the digipak went down well as I was the only person who did this.


No comments:

Post a Comment