Monday 30 September 2013

Music video preliminary lip sync





This is my preliminary music video. Editing this proved difficult as it is crucial to make sure the lip sync is spot on which is why during filming, Romina was singing aloud. Just as we uploaded the footage and begun editing, we realised we had not recorded a base track which made our job so much harder then it needed to be. I was quickly on the case and we went outside and i filmed Romina singing the song the whole way through. I then uploaded the base track which was so helpful during the editing process and made my job a lot easier. I could use it to fill in the gaps for sections of the song that we did not have any recorded footage for. Also, it helped that we had footage of Romina singing, singing and dancing, and also just dancing. This provided me with an array of different shots to use.

Whilst editing, I played around with the opacity effect to blend one shot into another and have one shot faded in the background of the base track. This created an effect which worked well with the style of the video. At the start of the video I used numerous short shots to match the speed of the music and to change whenever the beat dropped.

Overall, this preliminary provided me with more knowledge as to how hard it is going to be to get my music video exactly right, and also how much time and effort will go into the editing of my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment